- 2 CLOVES
- 200 GRAMS CHESTNUTS
- 200 GRAMS SMOKED BACON OR BACON
- Adjust the taste with CINNAMON
- 1 LEMON RIND
- Adjust the taste with ROSEMARY
- 1 LITER RED WINE
- 1 ANISE SEEDS
Preparation of chestnut skewers with rosemary
1) Start preparing the chestnut skewers by boiling the chestnuts themselves and removing the skin and husk covering them once cooked.
2) Wrap each chestnut in a slice of bacon or lard, inserting a few rosemary leaves between each one.
3) Make up the actual chestnut skewers by threading 2 chestnuts onto a toothpick and repeating until you run out of ingredients. Roast the freshly prepared skewers for 2 to 3 minutes in a nonstick pan without seasonings until the bacon starts to get slightly crispy.
Preparing the mulled wine for the rosemary chestnut skewers
Serve the rosemary chestnuts with a glass of mulled wine. To prepare it, bring a bottle of fine red wine to a boil along with 2 cloves, a small piece of cinnamon, an anise seed and an orange or lemon rind. Turn it off when it reaches a boil and let it steep until ready to use.